I've been feeling stuck. In life, in my writing, in my career, in my health...in general.
Third draft revisions aren't going as smoothly as I would like - I've reached the messy middle and it is very, very messy. Past Jenn didn't do Present Jenn many favors with her open ended notes and "fix this later" messages. Listen, I know I'll be able to write my way out of the painted corner I find myself in, but it's not helping my overall stuck mood.
The economy stinks right now and although I love the my VA clients (I'm a Virtual Assistant) I need a few more and they are no where to be found lately so I've been seeking some other remote job opportunities and let me tell you, if you don't already know from experience, the job market is the pits right now. And so I'm pondering my life's direction and choices and cursing a little that I got a BFA in Theatre Performance and not accounting or something (although me and math aren't friendly so I would have flunked out rather than graduate with that major).
My knees hurt, my lower back hurts, and I turn 50 in just a few short months so I know I should be moving my body and eating a few more veggies than I do right now, but...with all the other stuff going on, food is the thing I turn to for comfort. And that puts me into a vicious cycle of eating something yummy to keep me distracted from feeling the negative feelings...but then I start feeling bad because I abandoned the goals and habits I set for myself...so then I feel the negative feelings again. Ugh, it's very frustrating and something I'm working on with my therapist but it's slow going.
The thing is, I know what needs to be done in almost every circumstance above (minus the job stuff...I have some things to try but I'm not 100% sure they will work) it's just getting myself to do them, to get out of the stuck feeling and back onto the right track, the unstuck place.
When you feel stuck what do you do to get out of it?
I've started with making sure I'm drinking enough water throughout the day, doing my skincare twice a day, taking my meds religiously in the morning, and listening to either Taylor Swift or Harry Styles.

No comments:
Post a Comment