This summer I'm going to be running a fun (and hopefully profitable) experiment where I'm promoting my backlist of novels. Each old book gets a month where it will be on sale for 99 cents, a few paid promos, and Amazon ads to see if I can get some new readers.
I'll be paying close attention to what works and what doesn't and adjust each month.
For June, The Art of Lying, goes on sale and I'm running a promo on June 2nd with Bargain Booksy and on June 4th with The Fussy Librarian. I'm also setting up three amazon ad campaigns for keywords, categories, and similar authors.
What I'm hoping to gain
New readers which I hope leads to new reviews and new subscribers to my mailing list. And I'm hoping those new readers continue to read my books, and grab the next few while they are on sale as well.
Ideally, I would also like to make some money...because it's nice to have (and contrary to popular belief, it can bring happiness). How much? Well, I don't have an exact number but I would like to actually make money after promo and ad spend. That would be amazing. To have enough to run ads and promos next month without worry. Ideal situation!
What's next
Gather promo materials, schedule social media posts, get the ads set up, and make sure the price is set on all bookstore sites. Then I need to gather starting data. How many subscribers I currently have on my newsletter, how many reviews the book has on Amazon, and write down what I've spent so far on promos so I can see if I was successful.
I'll be back to tell you how the experiment works and what I'll be doing for July's book!!

No comments:
Post a Comment